Service Time: (Approximately: 5-15 +/- Minutes)
- Increase Gas Mileage: Helps to improve fuel mileage.
- Increased Power: Worn and fouled spark plugs create reduced engine power.
- Smoother Idle: New spark plugs create better spark resulting in smoother idle.
- Engine Performance: Aids in engine performance as mentioned at top.
WHAT DO THE SPARK PLUGS & WIRES DO?
- The spark plug emits electricity across a small gap, which creates the ignition for the combustion needed to start your car.
- By putting the engine’s pistons in motion, your car can stay powered & produce a smooth burn of the air-fuel mixture.
- When a spark plug ignites, it has to travel across a gap of space in order to provide the right level of combustion (spark) at the right moment in the crank cycle.
- As spark plugs age, this gap widens as a result of extreme temperatures, debris, and normal wear and tear.
- If the gap is to far apart, engine horsepower decreases, gas mileage becomes worse, and engine life may be affected.
- From the first time your engine is started, dirt, carbon deposits, and varnishes are formed in the combustion chamber and spark plugs.
- Here are some symptoms that are caused by faulty spark plugs and wires:
- Poor fuel mileage.
- Rough idle and acceleration.
- Lack of or poor performance.
- Compression leakage.
- Carbon tracking from the wire to the spark plug.
WHEN TO SERVICE?
- Mileage and/or Time: Services are due based on manufacturers recommendation of mileage and/or time.
- Testing and/or Condition: Excessive wearing in the gap of plugs are signs service has not been performed recently.
- Abnormalities: If engine barely runs, has a dead cyl., etc. (see repair facility for further diagnosis & repair)
*Disclaimer: All Additional Services are Recommended Based on Mileage, unless otherwise noted or previous service history is available to reference.
Spark plugs and photos are used for illustration and informative purposes for the customer.