Iowa heat can be brutal during the summer months and protecting your vehicle from the sun can be tough. Interior vehicle temperatures can reach up to 150 degrees, with areas exposed to direct sunlight reaching up to 195 degrees! Newsflash: That’s HOT! Here are some LOF-Xpress™ approved ways that you can protect your car in the heat this summer:
- Take care of your cooling system! It’s crucial to have a well-working cooling system to keep your car from easily overheating in high temperatures. This is where we come in! At LOF-Xpress™, our technicians are trained and ready to care for your car. The good news for you is that we have a pretty sweet deal happening all summer long. Check it out:
- Use a windshield cover. If you have to park in the sunlight, try using a windshield reflector to effectively reduce interior temperatures. At the very least, you won’t need to worry about a scorching steering wheel, burning seats, or searing seatbelt clips!
- Protect your leather seats. We’re all familiar with the pain of sitting on a hot leather car seat, so just imagine what the sun is doing to the leather! Many auto stores carry leather seat protectants and conditioners to keep your seats safe and looking new.
- Wax your car. Sun and heat can lead to paint fading on your vehicle. Applying wax to the exterior can act as a protecting barrier, almost like sunscreen.
- Park in the shade. Obviously, a no brainer, but it’s the easiest way to eliminate damage to the outside of your vehicle, as well as reduce interior temperatures.
Stop by one of our two conveniently located stores in Ames or Ankeny to make sure your car stays cool during the hot summer!