Service Time: (Approximately: 20-30 +/- Minutes)
- Steering Responsiveness: Improves steering performance and responsiveness.
- Prevent Sluggish Steering: Helps prevent sluggish steering on cold mornings.
- Reduce Noise: Reduces or eliminates steering noise.
- Reduce Expensive Repairs: Helps avoid premature, unexpected and expensive steering system failures.
WHAT DOES POWER STEERING FLUID DO?
- Power steering fluid is a crucial component in making the driver’s job easier and safer.
- It provides hydraulic assistance to the steering system when the driver turns the steering wheel.
- The nature of the hydraulic system allows the effort applied by the driver to be multiplied many times to help turn the wheels.
- Dirty, neglected power steering fluid can:
- Reduce steering effectiveness and cause abnormal noises.
- Harden seals and cause leakage, leading to wear.
- Cause expensive repairs of power steering components.
- Power Steering Fluid service will help rejuvenate your power steering and includes:
- Flushing the entire system several times over with new fluid to loosen varnish and other contaminants from the system.
- Refill the system with the correct manufacturer recommended fluid.
WHEN TO SERVICE?
- Mileage and or time: Services are due based on manufactures recommendation of mileage and/or time.
- Testing and/or Condition: When the fluid becomes dirty. (will need replaced more often if not routinely serviced)
- Abnormalities: If fluid has metal, milky or empty. (see repair facility for further diagnosis & repair)
*Disclaimer: High mileage vehicles, or vehicles that have not routinely performed fuel injection cleaning service, may need service performed
several more times later on during routine oil change services, due to excessive fluid degradation
*Disclaimer: All Additional Services are Recommended Based on Mileage, unless otherwise noted or previous service history is available to reference.
fluid samples are used for illustration and informative purposes for the customer.