Usually completed within an hour!
LOF-Xpress is much more than the number one oil change in Ames and Ankeny, we offer a wide variety of automotive services. Our number one priority is the safety of our customers and their vehicles. We pride ourselves on the fact that many of these additional services can be performed within an hour, giving you time to grab a cup of coffee in our amazing waiting lounge area. From there, you are welcome to check out our progress through a system of monitors located in the shop. Please contact us for more information about our additional services and as always, we will never try and upsell you on services you don’t need. Our philosophy is to provide the fastest oil change without the pressure of up-selling unneeded services. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your business.
- Air Conditioning Recharge – Keep your cool with an air conditioning recharge. Modern A/C systems rely on a special type of refrigerant to produce cool air. We will inspect your system and top off the refrigerant while you wait.
- Air Filter Replacement – Your air filter is a critical engine component. A dirty air filter will rob power, increase the likelihood of damaging particles entering your engine and decrease fuel economy. Stop on in and have your air filter changed while you wait.
- Automatic Transmission Fluid Replacement – Your automatic transmission relies on clean fluid for proper operation, not just lubrication. Dirty automatic transmission fluid will create slipping and could lead to premature failure. Along with the fluid change, a new filter will be installed. An automatic transmission fluid and filter change can be performed while you wait so stop on by!
- Battery Testing and Replacement – Your battery is the heart of your vehicle and if it decides to fail it will do so at the worst possible time. Protect yourself from an inconvenient situation with our battery tensing and replacement services. We will perform a voltage test and a load test to determine if the battery is in good condition. The average vehicle battery will last between three to five years and it is a good idea to have it checked out at least once a year.
- Brake Fluid Replacement – Your brakes are a critical safety component and should be taken care of just like your engine oil. Brake fluid by nature tends to suck up moisture and other contaminants, which could lead to brake system failure. We will change your brake fluid and bleed your brakes while you wait.
- Cabin Filter Replacement – Many drivers do not even realize that their vehicle has a cabin filter. The purpose of a cabin filter is to clean the incoming air that is utilized by your climate control system. A dirty cabin filter can reduce the effectiveness of your heater and A/C, not to mention allow contaminants into the passenger compartment. Stop by today and we will change your cabin filter while you wait.
- Coolant/Radiator Fluid Replacement – Coolant is a critical component of your engine. It is responsible for maintaining a consistent temperature in your engine. An engine coolant system will eventually build up scale in the passages. A flush and fill is generally recommended by the vehicle manufacturer and is part of a well rounded maintenance plan.
- Fuel Filter Replacement – Regardless of where you fill up your fuel tank there is bound to be at least some contamination. Your fuel filter is the first line of defense protecting your fuel system. A dirty fuel filter can send contaminants to your fuel system and damage critical components. We will change your fuel filter while you wait.
- Fuel Injection Cleaning – In conjunction with fuel filter replacement your vehicle manufacturer may recommend a fuel injection cleaning. Fuel injectors have extremely tight tolerances and can be subject to a buildup of carbon and other contaminants. A fuel injection service will help restore fuel mileage, performance and starting.
- Gearbox Fluid Replacement – Your axles are a complex system of seals, bearing and fluid. It is important to maintain clean fluid in your gearboxes as they are subject to a large number of forces. We can change your gearbox oil while you wait in most cases. Stop by today!
- Light Bulb Replacement – Do you have a headlight or turn signal out? If that is the case, swing in and LOF-Xpress can replace the offending bulb in no time flat.
- Manual Transmission Fluid Replacement – Unlike an automatic transmission a manual transmission is a tightly meshed conglomeration of rotating gears and moving collars. Clean fluid is critical to the smooth operation of the manual transmission and we can change yours while you wait.
- PCV Valve Replacement – PCV stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation. This system is in place to prevent the buildup of blowby gasses in the crankcase. A PCV valve is designed to let these gases vent from the engine but will not allow outside air back in. Generally your owners manual will outline the replacement recommendations for the PCV valve. Stop by and we can replace it while you wait.
- Power Steering Fluid Replacement – Many modern power steering systems are hydraulic in nature and rely in the fluid in the system to work properly. Dirty power steering fluid could cause decreased steering function and a breakdown of internal components. Please stop in and we can replace your power steering fluid while you wait.
- Rain-X® Window Treatment – With a Rain-X treatment on your windows, your will notice a clarity and water repellency that increases vision and safety. Stop in for your treatment today.
- Serpentine Belt Replacement – Your serpentine belt is critical to engine operation, if your belt breaks, you are stranded. This is why it is essential to have your serpentine belt inspected and replaced if any signs of wear are detected. Stop by today and we can change your serpentine belt while you wait.
- Spark Plug Replacement – Your engine relies on spark as a critical component to combustion. Dirty or corroded spark plugs can cause all sorts of problems and generally the vehicle manufacturer lists guidelines for replacement. Stop in and see us for spark plug replacement.
- Tire Rotation – properly rotated tires not only last longer, they keep tire wear even and put less stress on suspension components. Your tires are the last point of contact between your vehicle and the road, keep them in the best possible condition through regular rotations. Stop by and see us about having your tires rotated.
- Vacuum – A clean car is faster right? Well, that is up for debate, but if you have kids you know what it is like to continually have a dirty interior. Next time you are in for one of our three to five minute oil changes go ahead and add a vaccum service to your schedule and drive off in a clean car.
- Wiper Blade Replacement – Wiper blades are one of the most neglected maintenance items on many vehicles. So, stop in today and have us replace your wiper blades. Don’t wait until it is too late and you are caught in a rainstorm with bad wiper blades, let us help you out today.