Service Time: (Approximately: 30-45 +/- Minutes)
- Prevents Coolant Breakdown: Helps preventing coolant from degrading and coagulating over time.
- Prevents Rust: Helps prevent rust and scale deposits from building up in the cooling system.
- Prevents Poor Circulation: Prevents poor coolant circulation which cause overheating and breakdown.
- Reduce Cooling Failures: Reduces cooling system failures which are the leading cause of breakdowns.
WHAT DOES ANTI-FREEZE/COOLANT DO?
- Your vehicle’s coolant plays a vital role in the performance and longevity of your vehicle.
- It is the primary way in which your engine rids itself of potentially damaging heat, that when not properly removed can lead to diminished performance and eventually to mechanical breakdown.
- Coolant has a lubricating additive in it that breaks down over time and when broken down, it increases friction and heat.
- It can then lead to electrolysis build up in the fluid, which will eat away at components.
- Unlike engine oil, most of the engine’s old coolant is not removed in a traditional drain-and-fill service.
- In fact, such traditional services replace only about 50% of the used coolant.
- The remainder is trapped inside the engine, the heater core and various lines and hoses. The addition of fresh coolant to this remaining used coolant can actually cause rust and scale deposits to loosen and clog coolant passages, leading to overheating.
- If abnormalities are found in the coolant, it is best to take vehicle to a repair facility to have further diagnosed and repaired.
WHEN TO SERVICE?
- Mileage and/or Time: Services are due based on manufacturers recommendation of mileage and/or time.
- Testing and/or Condition: When the ‘Freeze-Point Temperature’ is above -34°.
- Abnormalities: If fluid is milky, rusty, gelled, empty, etc. (see repair facility for further diagnosis & repair)
*Disclaimer: High mileage vehicles, or vehicles that have not routinely performed anti-freeze/coolant service, may pose potential problems with weak engine
seals and gaskets due to fluid degradation and buildup of coagulated coolant sealing small leaks in which the coolant flush may clean out.
*Disclaimer: All Additional Services are Recommended Based on Mileage, unless otherwise noted or previous service history is available to reference.
Fluid samples are used for illustration and informative purposes for the customer.