Service Time: (Approximately: 15-30 +/- Minutes)
- Prevent Breakdowns: Helps prevent unwanted breakdowns.
- Reduce Repairs or Tow: Helps reduce potential repair costs or towing of vehicle.
- Less Strain on Charging: A “Good” battery will put less strain on the charging system of your vehicle.
WHAT DOES THE BATTERY DO?
- The purpose of the battery is to supply power to the starter motor and the ignition system to start the engine.
- It also supplies additional power when the demand is higher than the alternator can supply.
- The battery also acts as an electrical reservoir.
- Depending on where you live and how you drive, the condition of your vehicle’s charging system, and factors like:
- Temperature extremes,
- road vibrations or short trips,
- and an ever-increasing array of electronic components and driver aids,
- all take a toll on a vehicle’s battery & result in the “average” life span of an automotive battery to be 3-5 years.
- Fortunately, there are various indications and symptoms that your battery may need replacement:
- Slow engine crank: When you attempt to start the vehicle, the cranking of the engine is sluggish and takes longer than normal to start, best describe it as the “rur rur rur” starting noise sound.
- Swelling battery case: If your battery casing looks like it ate a very large meal, this could indicate a battery gone bad. You can blame excessive heat for causing your battery case to swell.
- Low battery fluid level: Car batteries sometimes have a part of the casing that’s translucent so you can always keep an eye on your battery’s fluid level.
WHEN TO SERVICE?
- Mileage and/or Time: Services are due based on manufacturers recommendation of mileage and/or time.
- Testing and/or Condition: When the battery fails a ‘Battery Test’ or will not start the engine.
- Abnormalities: If the battery will not stay charged. (see repair facility for further diagnosis & repair)
*Disclaimer: All Additional Services are Recommended Based on Mileage, unless otherwise noted or previous service history is available to reference.
Battery tests are used for illustration and informative purposes for the customer.